Vitamin A - Benefits & Usage
First and foremost, this vitamin effectively enhances the shedding of old skin cells and encourages the growth of newer, smoother, healthier, juicier cells.
It acts as an exfoliant that can promote both the texture and complexion of the skin.
Aside from working on the top layer of the skin, vitamin A effectively works in the dermis to stimulate collagen production.
It helps slow down the production of oil and prevents clogged pores and inflammation by removing dead skin cells.
The do's and don’ts of applying Vitamin A
- DO – apply a thin layer.
- DON’T – use more than a pea-sized amount.
- DO – make sure you moisturise, especially if it looks as though it’s drying your skin out.
- DON’T – use perfumed products.
- DO – use an SPF50 every day, as retinols can make your skin more sensitive … check out INZINCABLE
Benefits of Vitamin A on skin
- ANTI-WRINKLE: Retinoids work best against the most visible effects of aging
- FIRMING: Retinoic acid (the active form of retinoid on the skin) keeps the skin smooth, fresh, and moist. A vitamin A deficiency can cause dry, itchy skin or dry hair
- PIGMENTATION: Vitamin A is an element that likely contributes more to maintaining healthy skin
- ACNE TREATMENT: Isotretinoin is a drug derived from retinoic acid (vitamin A) which has a big effect on cystic or severe acne – check out my YouTube video: Is Roaccutane Suitable For Skin Of Colour
Vitamin A is excellent for exfoliating dead skin. (Skin exfoliation improves cell turnover, hastening how fast hyperpigmentation fades.) If you have dark spots from acne, this vitamin is an excellent treatment option.
IN SUMMARY, Vitamin A is an amazing molecule that can deliver healthy-looking, beautiful skin including a whole host of benefits when used correctly.
If you let both and vitamin A and UV into your skin, they will create opposite effects. While one heals, the other damages…leaving your skin DAMAGED. So, if you are using a vitamin A product, remember to use sun protection and nourish your skin with antioxidants… my daily range has everything you need to protect and nourish your skin, learn more.