- DIRECTIONS & RESTRICTIONS
- RESULTS & SIDE EFFECTS
- COMMON QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- SHIPPING & REFUNDS
For localised lip hyperpigmentation which has developed over time (approx. 3 months usage per kit).
Kit Includes: LipX Scrub, LipX Mask, LipX Balm
Please read all directions, restrictions & warnings below before using.
LipX High Strength Active ingredients & function
- Tocopheryl Acetate- Oil-soluble anti-oxidant, mops up free radicals to prevent further hyperpigmentation. It improves the skin barrier and hydration levels to create a healing environment for the skin.
- Retinyl Palmitate- (Vitamin A) stimulates production of new skin cells and assists with photoaging pigmentation.
- Kojic Dipalmitate- Tyrosinase Inhibitor, which then slows down the rate of melanin production. Best form of Kojic acid for skin of colour.
- Alpha-Arbutin- Tyrosinase Inhibitor. Derivative of Hydroquinone but without the side effects. This is why it is suitable for skin of colour.
- Liquorice extract- Tyrosinase Inhibitor, which then slows down the rate of melanin production.
- Niacinamide- Prevents melanosome transfer from the melanocytes (cells that produce melanin) to the surrounding Keratinocytes. So less melanin is visible on the skin's surface.
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate- Stable, non-irritating form of Azelaic acid
- Phytic Acid- Treats dermal pigmentation. Anti Oxidant and chelates iron molecules in the skin, which are responsible for causing damage to DNA.
- Octadecanoic Acid- It acts along the melanin pathway from reducing melanin production to reducing melanin transfer to the keratinocytes.
NO FRAGRANCE, NO DENATURED ALCOHOL, NO ESSENTIAL OILS, NO IRRITANTS
DR V Lip Scrub™
Ingredients: Sucrose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin,Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Kojic Dipalmitate, Alpha-Arbutin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.
Dr V LipX Balm™
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aqua, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octadecenedioic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Alpha-Arbutin, Kojic Dipalmitate, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Pantolactone, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Sodium Hyaluronate,Acetyl Glucosamine, PEG-8, Carbomer, Retinyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Methylparaben.
Dr V LipX Mask™
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Alpha-Arbutin, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Pantolactone, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retiny Palmitate, Phytic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparben.
Step 1: Dr. V LipX Scrub
Gently removes dead, impenetrable keratinocytes (skin cells) for better absorption of active ingredients.
DIRECTIONS: Massage gently for up to1 minute on wet lips, 2-3 times a week in the evening then wash off. Do not use on broken skin. Apply Dr V lipX mask next.
Step 2: Dr. V LipX Mask
35% active ingredients to slow down the rate of melanin production in the melanocytes (pigment producing cells).
DIRECTIONS: Apply 2-3 Nights a week after your Dr V Lip Scrub. Leave on for 15-20 minutes then wash off. This contains the highest percentage actives from the 3 products so you need ingredients to penetrate. It is advisable to patch test on small section of lip before applying to the remainder.
Step 3: Dr. V LipX Balm
25% active ingredients in a soothing balm to continue to reduce melanocyte hyperactivity all night.
DIRECTIONS: Apply every night 2 hours before sleeping whether you have applied the Dr V scrub/mask or not.
FURTHER NOTES A small percentage of clients may find this product drying on the lips, due to the high strength active ingredients used. It would be advisable to apply Vaseline during the day if this applies to you.
WARNING Not to be used during pregnancy. Not to be used on angular colitis (past or present) or broken or unusually sensitive skin. Not to be used within 1 month of completing other treatment products or 3 months of any professional treatment on the same area. Discontinue in the rare event of a skin reaction and seek medical guidance.
An Independent clinical study of 24 candidates showed 100% saw a significant reduction in lip pigmentation with no significant side effects (click here to download), however please note:
* Results may vary from person to person and are not guaranteed *
Hyperpigmentation shouldn’t return as long as you are vigilant with your SPF50 lip balm during the day and there are no new causes of pigmentation.
Side-effects may include but are not limited to minor irritation to the treated skin, or some mild stinging, redness, peeling or swelling. In the rare event of an allergic reaction, please discontinue immediately and seek medical advice from your doctor.
1. How does Dr.V LipX treatment work?
Dr.V LipX kit uses very high strength Tyrosinase Inhibitors to slow down the rate of melanin production. The kit treats the root cause of pigmentation to give long term results compared to the normal lip scrubs which only take the top layer of dead pigmented cells away but the skin is a living organ and cells will grow back pigmented.
2. Why do we get Lip Hyperpigmentation?
Lip pigmentation can be caused by:
- UV damage,
- chemical burns from acid peels or "home remedies" like lemon juice,
- hot drinks burning the upper lips,
- lip inflammation,
- cigarette smoking or
- an allergic reaction to cosmetics.
Inflammation takes place which triggers the sensitive melanocytes in skin of colour. Melanocytes over-produce melanin and lead to a darkening of the lips.
"Your natural lip colour is the colour you are born with, darkening happens with micro injury and inflammation over time" Dr Vanita Rattan
3. What are common mistakes for treating Lip Pigmentation in skin of colour:
- Lip Scrubs: Will remove the top layer of dead pigmented skin but the skin grows back and pigmentation returns
- Honey- this will cause you to lick your lips and introduce more amylase onto the skin which will irritate the lip skin and further exacerbate lip pigmentation
- Lemon juice- has a pH of 2 which is far too acidic for our skin which has a pH of 5.5. This can burn the skin and lead to more pigmentation
- Apple cider vinegar has a pH of 2.5 which can also burn lips and lead to post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
None of the above are suitable for skin of colour and this is an issue seen mainly in Asian and African origin populations.
4. Why is Retinyl Palmitate used, I thought Dr V doesn't like it?
Retinyl Palmitate is not preferred for normal facial skin, but is preferred for the skin on the lips which is thinner. Therefore, the weakest form of Vitamin A (least irritating) is preferred for the lips i.e. Retinyl Palmitate.
5. The surface of my LipX Scrub is uneven?
The surface of the scrub can sometimes be more uneven than the other LipX component creams as it is hand-filled (as opposed to machine-filled). If indentations are present, this is most likely to be due to the utensil used to fill the jar.
6. Is it normal for the product colour to change over time?
The whole product turning a slightly darker colour can happen after a few months of usage due to the plant extracts and high strength anti-oxidants used. This does not affect the safety or efficacy of the product.
7. Is it normal for the lips to sting upon application of the LipX Balm?
This is rare but normal if for a few minutes. However, please reduce the amount you are using (to a ‘grain of rice’ amount per lip) just in case. It may also sting more if the lips are dry, so please apply your normal SPF moisturising lip balm more during the day also. You may also wish to reduce the intensity/duration of LipX Scrub application if too hard or too long.
8. What should I do if I have a reaction? (rare)
Please discontinue usage, wash the product off with cold water and apply an occlusive such as Vaseline. Please contact email@example.com for advice if symptoms are mild/moderate, or contact your doctor if severe (all reaction types are very rare).
9. It has been 3 months and I have not seen any results yet? (rare)
We say it may take minimum 3-6 months of usage and timings/results vary by person. It could mean that you need to use the kit (or a new one) for a few more months in most of these cases. However, a small percentage of users may not respond to treatment.
INDIA-BASED CUSTOMERS: Full Shipping address must exactly match the address on your Personal/National ID. If not, Indian Customs will refuse or destroy the package.
AUSTRALIA-BASED CUSTOMERS: Couriers will not accept parcel lockers / PO Boxes as a Shipping Address.
- We ship worldwide (except for Scandanavia, Middle East Asia, South Africa, South America, Caribbean and Asia Pacific Islands)
Shipping times (estimates only):
*Please allow an additional 7 days during the launch week of a new product line*
- UK orders may take 3-5 business days (estimate) to be delivered to you and we dispatch after 1 business day.
- International orders take 14-28 business days (estimate only) to be delivered via standard shipping (or 10-15 business days via the Express Courier option) and we dispatch after 2 business days.
- There can be extensive delays during the COVID-19 pandemic depending on the country of purchase.
- £3.95 within UK.
- £14.95 worldwide
- £20.00 international courier (compulsory for Canada, Australia, India)
Customs & Taxes:
International taxes might be applied depending on your country's taxes policy.
Customs duty is calculated as a percentage of the customs value of the goods:
The customs value is made up of the price paid for the good, the insurance cost, the shipping cost.
Customer is responsible for any local customs and import duty charges that may be applicable depending on the geographic area. Goods may be held in transit at the border if customs/duties are not paid.
> RETURNS & REFUNDS
We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return of an unused product. The item should be returned promptly after that time.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Damages and Issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. You will be offered a replacement, partial refund or full refund depending on the nature of damage.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method, less shipping fee paid. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too, and the amount you receive back may be different than what you paid if converting currencies from GBP (British Pounds).
The maximum refund in case of damages or non-delivery of item is the full value you have paid for the products including taxes and shipping. Further compensation cannot be offered for delays, errors, reactions or any other issue.
I started developing dark patches on my bottom lip about 4 months ago after overexposure to harsh sun and foolishly not wearing an SPF lip balm. There was a very dark patch in the middle of the lip and on both corners. It was unsightly, drew comments from people and was worsening over time. I started using Dr V's lip kit 12 days ago (it took a while to get to Australia) and I was very pleasantly surprised to see the dark patches fading already. Based on other reviews and product guidelines saying it could take 3-6 months to see results, I definitely wasn't expecting it to start working so soon for me. I use it nightly and the 'tingly' sensation is very strong initially, but fades after a few mins. I reached out to the customer support because I found it too painful at the beginning and was concerned. They responded quickly and advised to use less of the product and not scrub so strongly which helped. Overall, this product is working for me and I am very glad to have had access to it. I am looking forward to seeing the results as time progresses. Thank you very much Dr V for creating this product. Am very grateful =)
I have just compared a photo of my lips prior to use and 3 month after and i can see a significant difference. I have applied them consistently once every other day (mask and night cream) and i exfoliate once or twice weekly. It is slow but my lips certainly arent as horrible as previously. Would upload photos if it lets me.
LipX - Lip Pigmentation Kit
I haven’t used the kit yet because I believe the packaging was compromised. I didn’t receive pump and it’s broken at the tip so I guess I wasted my money
It did not make any difference on my lips, it is still dark as before.
This kit showed results after 2 applications. I could see the difference it was making to the colour of my lips. I’m only using it twice a week as my lips get quite dry but am so pleased with the results. I was concerned about possible irritation but am so pleased that this product did not cause any irritation. I didn’t think my lips would ever look ‘normal’ again. The top lip is taking longer to lighten then the bottom lip but the results are amazing. I still have half of the kit left. This was definitely money well spent.
I never thought anything would work for my lips pigmentation, and when I bought the kit I was like yeah it won’t work. But, surprisingly my lips got so much lighter within a month, so for that reason I got dark under eyes kit and face pigmentation kits. Dr venita I an planning to see you very soon for in clinic treatment. Thank you very much for educating us with what we can and cannot use and why.