- DIRECTIONS & RESTRICTIONS
- RESULTS & SIDE EFFECTS
- COMMON QUESTIONS (FAQS)
- SHIPPING & REFUNDS
For lip pigmentation which has developed over time.
Kit Includes: LipX Scrub, LipX Mask, LipX Balm
Please read all directions, restrictions & warnings below before using.
LipX High Strength Active ingredients & function
- Tocopheryl Acetate- Oil-soluble anti-oxidant, mops up free radicals to prevent further hyperpigmentation. It improves the skin barrier and hydration levels to create a healing environment for the skin.
- Retinyl Palmitate- (Vitamin A) stimulates production of new skin cells and assists with photoaging pigmentation.
- Kojic Dipalmitate- Tyrosinase Inhibitor, which then slows down the rate of melanin production. Best form of Kojic acid for skin of colour.
- Alpha-Arbutin- Tyrosinase Inhibitor. Derivative of Hydroquinone but without the side effects. This is why it is suitable for skin of colour.
- Liquorice extract- Tyrosinase Inhibitor, which then slows down the rate of melanin production.
- Niacinamide- Prevents melanosome transfer from the melanocytes (cells that produce melanin) to the surrounding Keratinocytes. So less melanin is visible on the skin's surface.
- Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate- Stable, non-irritating form of Azelaic acid
- Phytic Acid- Treats dermal pigmentation. Anti Oxidant and chelates iron molecules in the skin, which are responsible for causing damage to DNA.
- Octadecanoic Acid- It acts along the melanin pathway from reducing melanin production to reducing melanin transfer to the keratinocytes.
NO FRAGRANCE, NO DENATURED ALCOHOL, NO ESSENTIAL OILS, NO IRRITANTS
DR V Lip Scrub™
Ingredients: Sucrose, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidum,Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin,Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Kojic Dipalmitate, Alpha-Arbutin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol.
Dr V LipX Balm™
Ingredients: Petrolatum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Aqua, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Octadecenedioic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Alpha-Arbutin, Kojic Dipalmitate, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Niacinamide, Panthenol, Pantolactone, Glyceryl Stearate, Ceteareth-20, Ceteareth-12, Cetyl Palmitate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Sodium Hyaluronate,Acetyl Glucosamine, PEG-8, Carbomer, Retinyl Palmitate, Phenoxyethanol, Lecithin, Methylparaben.
Dr V LipX Mask™
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Panthenol, Niacinamide, Citrus Unshiu Peel Extract, Polyacrylate Crosspolymer-6, Alpha-Arbutin, Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Liquorice) Root Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Pantolactone, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retiny Palmitate, Phytic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparben.
Step 1: Dr. V LipX Scrub
Gently removes dead, impenetrable keratinocytes (skin cells) for better absorption of active ingredients.
DIRECTIONS: Massage gently for up to1 minute on wet lips, 2-3 times a week in the evening then wash off. Do not use on broken skin. Apply Dr V lipX mask next.
Step 2: Dr. V LipX Mask
35% active ingredients to slow down the rate of melanin production in the melanocytes (pigment producing cells).
DIRECTIONS: Apply 2-3 Nights a week after your Dr V Lip Scrub. Leave on for 15-20 minutes then wash off. This contains the highest percentage actives from the 3 products so you need ingredients to penetrate. It is advisable to patch test on small section of lip before applying to the remainder.
Step 3: Dr. V LipX Balm
25% active ingredients in a soothing balm to continue to reduce melanocyte hyperactivity all night.
DIRECTIONS: Apply every night 2 hours before sleeping whether you have applied the Dr V scrub/mask or not.
FURTHER NOTES A small percentage of clients may find this product drying on the lips, due to the high strength active ingredients used. It would be advisable to apply Vaseline during the day if this applies to you.
WARNING Not to be used during pregnancy. Not to be used on angular colitis (past or present) or broken or unusually sensitive skin. Not to be used within 1 month of completing other treatment products or 3 months of any professional treatment on the same area. Discontinue in the rare event of a skin reaction and seek medical guidance.
An Independent clinical study of 24 candidates showed 100% saw a significant reduction in lip pigmentation with no significant side effects (click here to download), however please note:
* Results may vary from person to person and are not guaranteed *
Hyperpigmentation shouldn’t return as long as you are vigilant with your SPF50 lip balm during the day and there are no new causes of pigmentation.
Side-effects may include but are not limited to minor irritation to the treated skin, or some mild stinging, redness, peeling or swelling. In the rare event of an allergic reaction, please discontinue immediately and seek medical advice from your doctor.
1. How does Dr.V LipX treatment work?
Dr.V LipX kit uses very high strength Tyrosinase Inhibitors to slow down the rate of melanin production. The kit treats the root cause of pigmentation to give long term results compared to the normal lip scrubs which only take the top layer of dead pigmented cells away but the skin is a living organ and cells will grow back pigmented.
2. Why do we get Lip Hyperpigmentation?
Lip pigmentation can be caused by:
- UV damage,
- chemical burns from acid peels or "home remedies" like lemon juice,
- hot drinks burning the upper lips,
- lip inflammation,
- cigarette smoking or
- an allergic reaction to cosmetics.
Inflammation takes place which triggers the sensitive melanocytes in skin of colour. Melanocytes over-produce melanin and lead to a darkening of the lips.
"Your natural lip colour is the colour you are born with, darkening happens with micro injury and inflammation over time" Dr Vanita Rattan
3. What are common mistakes for treating Lip Pigmentation in skin of colour:
- Lip Scrubs: Will remove the top layer of dead pigmented skin but the skin grows back and pigmentation returns
- Honey- this will cause you to lick your lips and introduce more amylase onto the skin which will irritate the lip skin and further exacerbate lip pigmentation
- Lemon juice- has a pH of 2 which is far too acidic for our skin which has a pH of 5.5. This can burn the skin and lead to more pigmentation
- Apple cider vinegar has a pH of 2.5 which can also burn lips and lead to post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation.
None of the above are suitable for skin of colour and this is an issue seen mainly in Asian and African origin populations.
- We ship worldwide (except for Scandanavia, Middle East Asia, South Africa, South America, Caribbean and Asia Pacific Islands)
Shipping times (estimates only):
*Please allow an additional 7 days during the launch week of a new product line*
- UK orders may take 3-5 business days (estimate) to be delivered to you and we dispatch after 1 business day.
- International orders take 14-28 business days (estimate only) to be delivered via standard shipping (or 10-15 business days via the Express Courier option) and we dispatch after 2 business days.
- There can be extensive delays during the COVID-19 pandemic depending on the country of purchase.
- £3.95 within UK.
- £14.95 worldwide
- £20.00 international courier (compulsory for Canada, Australia, India)
Customs & Taxes:
International taxes might be applied depending on your country's taxes policy.
Customs duty is calculated as a percentage of the customs value of the goods:
The customs value is made up of the price paid for the good, the insurance cost, the shipping cost.
Customer is responsible for any local customs and import duty charges that may be applicable depending on the geographic area. Goods may be held in transit at the border if customs/duties are not paid.
Parcel Lockers: can be accepted as a delivery address, except for in Australia.
> RETURNS & REFUNDS
Your 100% satisfaction is important for us. We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. The item should be returned promptly after that time.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Damages and Issues
Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right. You will be offered a replacement, partial refund or full refund depending on the nature of damage.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method, less shipping fee paid. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
The maximum refund in case of damages or non-delivery of item is the full value you have paid for the products including taxes and shipping. Further compensation cannot be offered for delays, errors, reactions or any other issue.
This kit showed results after 2 applications. I could see the difference it was making to the colour of my lips. I’m only using it twice a week as my lips get quite dry but am so pleased with the results. I was concerned about possible irritation but am so pleased that this product did not cause any irritation. I didn’t think my lips would ever look ‘normal’ again. The top lip is taking longer to lighten then the bottom lip but the results are amazing. I still have half of the kit left. This was definitely money well spent.
I never thought anything would work for my lips pigmentation, and when I bought the kit I was like yeah it won’t work. But, surprisingly my lips got so much lighter within a month, so for that reason I got dark under eyes kit and face pigmentation kits. Dr venita I an planning to see you very soon for in clinic treatment. Thank you very much for educating us with what we can and cannot use and why.
Fantastic product! Love the sugar scrub, lip mask and love the lip balm. Only been using 6 weeks and already have noticed an improvement in the hyperpigmentation on my lips. Definitely impressed! Something that actually does what it says!
Actually very surprised at how fast the product worked. It does dry the lips, so heavy lip balm during the day is necessary. But the lightening effects are very noticeable and quick, I also noticed an improvement in texture.
I have very bad lip pigmentation and have taught it its because of iron deficiency. However, it got worst over a period of time. After using Dr V lip pigmentation kit for a month i can see 50 % improvement. Thank you Dr V. Will continue using :)